Thursday, November 17, 2011
Another day of rain, another meltdown!
I hate the rain, really I would rather snow at least it's pretty to look at through the windows. Matthew had yet another meltdown with the therapist today. I was so glad they all slept for two hours this afternoon, my brain needed the rest. He is such a great kid, I hate it when he has meltdowns. I would love to figure out what sets him off. Usually I have no idea, he goes from great to hysteria. We cuddled on the couch watched his favorite cartoon and he calmed down. He is such a sweet child, meltdowns break my heart. The evening went well, he ate three Nutella sandwiches and had a great evening. As did the other two. My little girl is the best, she amazes me every second with her compassion. She is very sensitive to everything from the behavior of the people around her to something she sees. She doesn't like when someone is hurt or afraid. Knowing Matthew had a bad day, she continually gave him juice and his favorite toys to play with. She is so observant and empathetic. It could be the twin thing they have, sometimes I think she feels his angst (if that is the right word), she is right by his side all the time. Tomorrow no therapists so we will bake, seems like a good thing to do on a Friday. They love cupcakes!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment